Levels Nightclub COSTUME CONTEST – Winner Gets $250!25 Oct 2013, Posted by Uncategorized in
While attending an EDM event, surrounded by beats and buddies, can be the most liberating, worry-free experience; putting together the perfect EDM ensemble for it is serious business. Almost as serious as “the one night a year when a girl can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it” – Halloween! Now combine both an EDM event with Halloween and what do you get? An insanely rad time, of course, but unfortunately finding the perfect costume can be double distressing under such otherwise amazing circumstances. To ensure that your night with Laidback Luke and EDM Entertainment on 10/29 is in fact worry-free, we compiled a few tips for putting together a costume that encompasses both occasions, but most importantly, one that encompasses you!
- “Be Unique”—try something daring! Surprise us!
- “Be Smart” –reference a music artist or literary work. Example: be the “Gucci Gucci” singer, Kreayshawn, by fashioning a headband into Minnie Mouse ears, drawing on some exaggerated cat eye liner, and wearing some huge, gold earrings with a cutoff top. Fake tattoos are a plus.
- “Stay Warm, Look Hot”— Opt for bodysuit cat, cheetah, or leopard costumes. Really, anything from the feline family works. They’re sleek, form fitting, and will show off your curves. More importantly, you won’t get hypothermia.
- “Accessories are Everything”— Example: snake charmer/Medusa costume idea, using only simple accessorizing. All that is needed are elaborate lashes, available at any local drug store, plus a temporary lip tattoo and green snake-eye contacts!
- “True Colors”—literally and metaphorically. Keep it simple by wearing bright or glow-in-the-dark colors, OR just by wearing an outfit that represents you in a festive way!
And for any extra inspiration, keep in mind that Levels Nightclub is awarding the winner of the event’s costume contest with $250. We can’t wait to see what you come up with! See you all on Tuesday, October 29th.